Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Custom styles in Rich Text Editor (part II)

It wasn't so long ago when I posted 'How to define custom styles in EPiServer's Rich Text Editor'. A few days ago I was following my own instructions to set up my custom styles and for absolutely peculiar reason Rich Text Editor didn't want to catch my settings! It took me a few hours to figure out what was going on.

Basically you can define custom styles in EPiServer by setting uiEditorCssPaths property in web.config:


which is the same as using System Settings in Admin mode:


But of course there are cases where it may not take any effect :)

If you encounter such case then check dynamic properties. You may have dynamic property called UIEditorCssPaths. If this property is set then other settings are ignored.


No comments: